- When you choose to utilize your insurance benefits to help pay for our services, you need to be aware of the risk to your or your child’s privacy. While we can guarantee that your records are confidential in our office, once we submit claims and other supporting information to your insurance company we no longer have control over how that information is used or who has access to it. In order for services to be covered, we are required to make a clinical diagnosis and submit this diagnosis along with all claims. This diagnostic information will remain in your or your child’s permanent health record and we have no control over how it may affect you or your child in the future. You should also be aware that insurance companies can request copies of your entire medical record and we are obligated to provide it to them. If you are concerned about these privacy issues, you may avoid them by paying for our services out of pocket.
- Currently we are participating providers with Humana and Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
- We will file claims for services provided.
- Copay. co-insurance and deductible amounts are due at the time of service.
- Most medical/behavioral health insurance policies do not cover educational testing. Testing measures for reading, mathematics, spelling, writing, phonological processing, and any other learning related concerns may be billed as self-pay when excluded from your benefits. We will submit claims for the parts of the assessment that are covered by insurance. Payment for the remainder due is paid out of pocket.
- Insurance companies often do not cover enough testing hours for us to complete a comprehensive evaluation. When this happens, we will inform you of the need to conduct testing beyond the number of hours covered by your insurance, and you will be billed out of pocket for the hours not covered by insurance.
- For all testing clients, you will be required to put a credit card on file with our office, which we will bill when there is an outstanding balance due after insurance benefits have been applied. We will only bill this card if you have not paid your balance at the time of service.
We are able to provide services as “out of network” providers for all other insurance plans.
Here is how that works:
- Payment is due at the time of service. For Psychological Assessment, 50% of the total fee is due on the first day of testing, and the remainder of the fee is due at the time of feedback. Results and a written report will be provided at that time.
- We will assist you with paperwork to file for insurance reimbursement. For Psychological Assessment, claims should be filed once all testing is complete.
- You will receive reimbursement based upon your out of network benefits (i.e. you may have to meet a deductible before being eligible for reimbursement).
- We encourage you to contact your insurance company to learn about your out of network benefits prior to your first appointment with us. You are responsible for obtaining pre-authorization for our services if it is required.
Dyslexia tutoring is generally not covered by medical insurance, however we encourage you to contact your insurance company to see what your particular plan will cover.
We accept cash, check, Visa/Mastercard and HSA/FSA cards. Co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles and full payment (for out of network insurance plans) is due at the time of service.