Our highly-trained, professional tutors offer individualized, one-on-one tutoring for children and adolescents. Tutoring services are provided at our office, in your home, or at your child’s school.
For those who are struggling with reading, writing and spelling, we use the Orton-Gillingham method, which is the only tutoring method endorsed by the International Dyslexia Association.
HOW IT WORKS
Most individuals with dyslexia require focused and intensive tutoring to improve their reading abilities. The recommended frequency is at least 2 hours per week.
We do not have any long-term contracts or commitments – you can stop anytime. We work carefully to ensure that our program is the right fit for your child, and if it is not the right fit we will assist you in locating services that serve your child’s individual needs.
Our practice uses the following gold-standard intervention tools and methodologies:
- For students with dyslexia, we use The Barton Reading & Spelling System, which is derived from the Orton-Gillingham method, as the primary intervention for our students. (We can provide Barton Tutoring online via Zoom for students who do not live in the Louisville, KY area!)
- In addition to the Barton System, we have teachers who are trained and certified in “Original” Orton-Gillingham intervention.
- For students who need support in phonological awareness/discrimination and memory we use the Lindamood Phoneme Sequencing® Program (LiPS®) or Foundations in Sound.
- For students who need support in reading and language comprehension skills, we use the Visualizing and Verbalizing® Program
- For students who need targeted intervention in the writing process, we use Teaching Writing: Structure and Style program from the Institute for Excellence in Writing
- We provide one-to-one multi-sensory math intervention using the Math-U-See program.