The Wright Psychology and Learning Center specializes in the assessment of Reading and Math Disorders such as Dyslexia and Dyscalculia, Disorder of Written Expression (Dysgraphia), as well as ADHD and Autism Spectrum Disorder evaluations. The Psycho-educational and Psychological evaluation process is complex and requires a comprehensive approach. That is why we take the time necessary to get to know each individual child and his or her family, their specific concerns related to learning and behavior, and the child’s educational, psychological and medical history before conducting a thorough and comprehensive psychological evaluation. Each child receives an individualized assessment battery based upon his or her specific needs. This comprehensive assessment forms the cornerstone of our Psychological Assessments, and provides sufficient documentation to begin the special education process (Individualized Education Plan/IEP and 504 Plans) within the school systems.
A typical approach to evaluation includes:
1. A parents-only interview
2. A child interview/play session
3. A school observation (optional – not covered by insurance)
4. Between 1-3 testing sessions (depending age and the specific concerns being evaluated)
5. A parents-only feedback session with a written report provided within 2-3 weeks following the feedback (in many cases a written report is completed by the time of the feedback session, but this cannot be guaranteed).
Psychological and Psycho-educational Assessment Packages and Fees
Our Licensed Psychologists personally complete all assessments at The Wright Psychology and Learning Center; we do not utilize psychometrists or technicians.
Fee Policy – Self Pay Only
Initial consultation/intake fee is $175.00. It is during this session that the Psychologist will determine if your child does, in fact, require a comprehensive assessment and an initial assessment battery tailored to your individual child will be developed.
Payment for 50% of the total testing fee is expected on the first day of testing.
Comprehensive Evaluation – Required for all ADHD, Learning Disorder (Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia), Mood Disorder, Behavioral Disorder, and Autism Spectrum Disorder evaluations.
Includes the following:
- Testing with child/adolescent (2-3 sessions; total time 4-9 hours)
- Clinician’s scoring, interpretation, and written report
- Parents only feedback session (please allow 1 hour)
- Ages 2-5 – $1,100.00 (Deposit of $550.00 due on first testing day)
- Ages 6-12 $1,700.00 (Deposit of $850.00 due on first testing day)
- Ages 13-Adult $1,850.00 (Deposit of $925.00 due on first testing day)
Testing for Autism – If Autism is suspected, we will use the Autism Diagnostic Observation Scale (ADOS), which is the Gold-Standard Autism evaluation instrument, along with the Autism Diagnostic Interview Revised (ADI-R), comprising the research-supported best practices in Autism assessment. These measures will be added to the testing package above and will require an additional day of testing (1-3 hours). An additional fee of $300 will be added to the above testing fees.
Testing for Giftedness Only – This looks only at the child’s cognitive functioning (IQ) and broad based academic achievement. If other concerns are identified, a comprehensive evaluation may be recommended. This type of assessment does not provide a clinical diagnosis.
Includes the following:
- Testing with child/adolescent (1 session; 2-3 hours)
- Immediate feedback provided (scores and initial report)
- Written report mailed to parents 2-4 weeks following evaluation
- All Ages – $700.00 (payment due in full on day of testing)